Attention EOPS Students:
We hope this message finds you well. As everyone is aware, Victor Valley College is closed to the public, but will remain open for ONLINE services.
EOPS will continue to serve our students via telephone and/or video conferencing.
At this time EOPS is no longer accepting new applications for Spring 2020, we will resume accepting applications in July 2020.
If you are a current EOPS student, we have made some adjustments to our procedures to better deliver our services without the need for face
to face interaction. Please read the following new procedures for the services you are requesting:
If you are a continuing EOPS Student, you can schedule your appointment with your EOPS Counselor, please email your EOPS Counselor directly.
If you have been accepted as a new student, please email us at EOPS@vvc.edu to schedule your first appointment. Once you request an appointment, your EOPS counselor will email you to confirm your appointment.
Please activate your VVC Email. For directions on how to do this, see this article.
How to prepare for your counselor appointment:
• First Download Zoom Video Conferencing APP onto your smart phone. Search “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in your App store.
• The Counselor will email you a link for an invitation for a counseling meeting. Please click on the link to accept invitation to session.
• Make sure you have all your documents with you in case you need to refer to them, ie. latest Educational Plan, general education patterns, and major sheets.
• Make sure you are in secure setting, as we will be discussing educational matters that are confidential. Please limit any distractions and interruptions.
EOPS Book Vouchers:
• Continuing Students: If you are a continuing EOPS Student, and you have not picked up your Book Voucher, please email EOPS@vvc.edu to request Book Voucher credit at the Rams Bookstore.
• New EOPS Students: Once you have completed your first EOPS Counselor appointment, you will receive Book Voucher credit at the Bookstore. The EOPS Counselor will explain the procedure for picking up your books from the Bookstore.
• EOPS book vouchers will be valid until December 31, 2020, book vouchers can be used to purchase books for Summer 2020 and for Fall 2020 semester.
Progress Reports: All EOPS Students are required to submit a progress report by May 29. Click here to access the EOPS progress report. You must email a current registration statement in addition to your completed progress report. You can email your completed progress report and registration statement to EOPS@VVC.edu .
CARE Students — To receive a CARE Transportation Grant for spring 2020 you will need to complete the following, no later than noon, on Friday, March 27, 2020:
• Submit your CARE Untaxed Income Form
• Due to COVID-19, the SB County TANF office is closed. We will accept a current Passport of Services in lieu of the untaxed income form. You can access this document by visiting C4Yourself.com or clicking here.
• Complete one counseling contact with your EOPS counselor.
• Have a signed EOPS and CARE Mutual Responsibility Contract.
Cap and Gown Service for June 2020 Graduates (assuming graduation is not cancelled/postponed):
• Sign-ups for cap and gown will begin May 4th , you can request your cap and gown by emailing EOPS@vvc.edu. To be eligible for the cap and gown service you must complete the following:
• Two EOPS counseling appointments during the Spring 2020 semester (ie: in person, telephone, or video conferencing).
• A completed Spring 2020 progress report.
For all other questions and concerns, please contact us at (760) 245-4271 ext. 2422 or email us at EOPS@vvc.edu